How much does a showreel cost?
The price of a showreel depends on the number of scenes for which you compose it. We offer 3 types of scenes. You can ask for prices at email@example.com .
How many scenes do you recommend to shoot to compose a showreel?
The number of scenes that a client needs is always the client's own decision. To make a wide and professional showreel it is recommended to shoot between 3 and 5 scenes, however these numbers are mere approximations. Each person is different and each process is equally different.
Do you offer free services?
- Advice on your showreel: free in all cases, even if you do not contract any service with us.
- Script writing; free for clients only.
- Makeup and Hairdressing; free for clients only.
- Advice on the distribution of your showreel: free for clients only.
Can I pay in small parts?
Yes, we can adapt to an installment payment. We can give you more details in the first informative call. You can write to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive it.
Do you shoot in Madrid and Barcelona?
Yes. Every month since 2015.
Do you have an office in Madrid and Barcelona?
Does the price vary between Madrid and Barcelona?
No. The price is exactly the same for all services.
Why do you shoot scenes separately?
Thanks to having interviewed more than 62 Agents and more than 25 Casting Directors in Spain, we know that they need the scenes separately to promote an actor in specific projects. Also, once you have your scenes separately, it only takes a montage to join them in the same file that you will call "showreel". We offer that for free if you choose one of our packs.
What are the differences between RED, REDX and Sony scenes?
You can see all the specifications in each of the following links to see the difference, as well as videos with the final results:
What is the final duration of each type of scene?
Casting Directors and Agents have recommended us that the target duration per scene should be between 1 minute and 1 minute and 30 seconds. Since it is the right time to have an emotional change, highlight the acting, the listening, the reactions and not bore.
However, as you will see on our Vimeo, Instagram or Website, there are scenes that can be 50 seconds long and others in 3 minutes long, since the nature of every scene is always unique, and therefore its lenght.
On the other hand, when we edit scenes over 2 minutes we do it as a gift to the client, and we always advise to choose your best minute in order to send it to casting directors and agents.
What is the process to shoot the scenes?
1. Informative call.
2. Pay and deposit to reserve dates.
3. We send you an extensive questionnaire to get to know you and know exactly your ideas.
4. Advisory Meeting: in which we develop the ideas for your customised scripts and we inform you of all the production details. (Locations, actors, costume, etc.)
5. Delivery of scripts with the Writer and Director Alberto Gallego. Here you can propose changes and resolve any type of doubts.
6. Pre-Production contacts you to inform you of all the details before filming.
7. If you have booked a pack you get a free coaching training coordinated by the actor Mat Cruz. If not, you can hire your training before shooting here: https://www.lamasiareels.com/entrenamiento-actoral?lang=en
8. Shooting: With Director, Coach, Director of Photography, Sound Technician and Free Makeup and Hairdresser.
9. Post-Production: The Chief Editor Kail Grösser will contact you and inform you in detail of the Editing, Color and Sound Editing process.
What extras can there be?
Anything that is extraordinary to the production company. However, each extra depends on the nature of each scene and the customer can decide whether to pay a location or a wardrobe, for example, or have the free option.
- Wardrobe: unless we shoot period, the customer and cast have their own clothes.
- Locations: the free ones are all those available to the client or the ones outdoor if the city council does not charge. The not free locations are all those such as: apartments, restaurants, pubs, offices, clinics, or any type of place where the owner asks for an economic charge.
- Supporting actors: if the client has friends, perfect. If not, we have a database of more than 900 actors and actresses in Spain. The price is € 20 in Redx, Red and Sony and € 30 if the actor is only an extra.
- Parking Lots: if the location is in the city and the vehicle where we transport the camera requires parking or a paid area, you will be informed before filming from the production department. They vary between 10€ and 20€.
- Filming permits - outdoors: which the production department will inform you in case the city council requires them. They vary between 2€ and 20€. (With the exceptions of Gardens, Beaches, etc,)
- Shooting insurance: 16,5€. Independent of the number of scenes, and valid for a service within a month.
Do you charge commission for the extras?
Never and in no case. Neither for locations, nor rented wardrobe, nor supporting actors. The better price the locations have the more willing a client will be to pay and therefore the better the result of the scenes will be. Which is what we are looking for, since the better the result the better the reputation for the production company Thus, we try to get the best deals with suppliers so that the client has more options to improve their scenes.
Do you write the scripts? Are they original?
Yes. Alberto Gallego, writer and director with Carlo Marcenaro, coordinate the creative area with 2 other writers.
The scripts are always customised based on the advisory meeting.
And they are original unless the client eagerly wants us to adapt a scene taken from an existing series or movie.
Can I propose scripts that I have written? Is there a discount?
You can propose them, however, they will always go through supervision.
There is no discount, since writing scenes is a free service (only for clients). The price of the scenes is based on the work of Pre-Production, Filming and Post-Production.
Do you shoot in different languages?
Yes, we have shot showreels in more than 10 languages, including: Spanish, Catalan, English, French, Italian, German, Romanian, Russian, Portuguese or Arabic.
Do you get locations?
Yes, we have a catalogue of more than 200 different locations in Madrid and Barcelona.
Do you get supporting actors?
Yes, we have a database of more than 900 actors and actresses in Spain.
Is there a director and coach?
- Alberto Gallego is the director and co-founder of La Masia, and has directed more than 500 scenes since 2015 at La Masia, in addition to having won the 1st prize for best director at the New York Film Festival for "Reina de los Dardos" and in 2020 be in the financing phase of his new fiction project.
- Mat Cruz is co-founder and actor ("Vis a Vis", "I'm Alive"). At La Masia, he has helped actors bring out their best since 2015. You can see more info about him at https://www.lamasiareels.com/entrenamiento-actoral?lang=en
Do you offer Makeup and Hairdressing?
Yes, and it's for free.
Do you help with the distribution of the showreel?
Yes, it's for free for clients.
Do you record auditions (Self Tapes)?
Yes, you can see more information here: https://www.lamasiareels.com/grabacion-de-castings?lang=en